Get Answers to Your Questions from A-1 Auto Body in Calgary

Do I need a damage sticker?
The Alberta Legislation states that if you are involved in a motor vehicle collision and the damages exceed $2,000 you must file a police report and obtain a damage sticker. If the accident happened inside Calgary city limits, any police station can issue a damage sticker. If the accident happened outside the Calgary city limits, you must obtain a damage sticker from the local RCMP office.

How do I obtain a claim number?
Your insurance company will assign a claim number once you have reported the loss to them. Your claim number is all A-1 Auto Body needs to begin the estimating and repair process.

Who do I pay the deductible to?
The amount of your deductible is determined in your insurance policy. A-1 Auto Body collects the deductible payment when repairs are completed upon picking up your vehicle. Your insurance company is billed for the total amount of the repairs less the deductible. Payments are accepted through cash, Interac, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. If you are not sure if the deductible applies to your claim, you should contact your insurance company and they will advise us if it is waived.

Do I need an appointment for an estimate?
Estimate appointments are scheduled through the day. An estimate takes approximately 30 minutes. If your vehicle is not drivable or if you are unsure if it is drivable, you can bring the vehicle by for a pre-inspection or A-1 Auto Body can arrange for the vehicle to be towed to the shop to begin the estimating and repair process.

What is a betterment charge?
Betterment charges, which are determined by your insurance company, may be applied to wearable parts on your vehicle. Wearable parts would include tires, batteries, windshields, mufflers and exhaust systems, and some suspension components. Betterment charges may also be applied to a part being replaced by your insurance company that had previous damage or rust on panels.